As we progress through the 2016 MCCGA season…. here are some helpful reminders as your unit takes the floor in performance.
First and foremost – a reminder is in order regarding video at festivals. At no time, is it appropriate to video a unit for which you do not have an affiliation without the expressed advanced consent of the Unit Director.
Unit Fact Sheets: Submit yours here!
1. Interval Time– The interval time STOPS when the unit passes the halfway point. This includes all equipment and performers, crew members, floor/and or props, etc. A unit cannot stop once they pass the timeline for celebration, groups must continue to move toward the exit door.
2. Unit Announcement– The standard announcement of the unit will occur at 1:30. If a unit director wants the announcement read at a later time than the 1:30 mark, he/she must notify the T&P judge upon entering the floor and must either state the time they want it read, OR must stand by the T&P judge and advise when they want it read.
3. Half Way Rule– all units must pull their floor and equipment to the halfway point (either vertically or horizontally based on site set-up). Once a unit starts to tear down, the unit needs to move towards the exit door so as to allow the next performing unit to come in and start pulling to the timeline.
Additional helpful information to start the season off successfully:
- Admission at all MCCGA regular season festivals is: $7 Adult | $5 Student & Senior | Under Age 5 FREE
- For the safety of our performers, there is absolutely NO flash photography permitted at any festival.
- Pre-order your digital photo galleries to save $$ for everyone in your unit! Buy once, share to everyone!
- All units must have a Unit Fact Sheet submitted online no later than 48 hours before a festival.
- Fee payment, Invoice or Classification questions: Maxine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All membership questions or festival changes: email@example.com